Tuesday 14 December 2010

Birmingham School of Sewing uses Janome Sewing Machines...

Sheila-May Green, the tutor at The Birmingham School of Sewing is a qualified designer, and holds a BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology, and is also the proprietor of Sheila- May Couture in Northfield and has been designing and making bespoke bridal gowns, ball gowns and evening dresses for over 30 years. Sheila-May is also a qualified textiles teacher and works part time as Head of Textiles at a comprehensive in Birmingham. Sheila-May runs the Birmingham School of Sewing in the rooms above her shop, classes are small (max six people) and use Janome JP760 machines. Her classes range from lingerie, overlocking, bridalwear, tailoring, corsetry and accessories, with special courses for practising textile teachers and NQT's.
For full information about The Birmingham School of Sewing, check out their website or give Sheila-May a call on 079200 31744 It looks like everyone is having a fabulous time on the Fabric Bows and Flowers Workshop... and enjoying tea and biscuits at the same time!
The beginners workshop for sewers is always popular.

Sheila- May sent me this photograph this week... "I thought you might like to see the attached photo. I have taken time out from teaching at the Sewing in order to make this beautiful crib for my daughter who is expecting her first baby in December. I used one of my Janome sewing machines with a ruffler foot." I'm sure you'll agree... isn't it just beautiful! I personally love the Ruffler attachment, and I will be posting some more photo's and information about this wonderful foot in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments...