Tuesday 22 March 2011

Beautiful Baby Quilt by Jean Jones

Last week I visited The Singer Sewing Centre in Whitley Bay, and had a wonderful surprise! Ann Wheeler, their Patchwork and Quilting teacher was running a workshop upstairs and Jean Jones was there as well. Why is this interesting I hear you ask? Well, they both bought a Janome Horizon at the Test Drive event I ran at the Centre last year! So I popped up stairs to say hello.
Jean had with her, the first quilt she had made on her new Horizon, so I thought I'd share it with you. Her first Granddaughter is due soon, Elouise on 7th April, and Jean has made her this wonderful quilt she will keep forever.
Lots of use of the Horizons quilting stitches....

and a lovely mix of hand embroidery... and the grass and flowers along the bottom are stitched using the Horizon... and so are the random hearts and flowers dotted around as well.

And finally finished off with a hand embroidered quilt label, that is embellished with more Horizon quilt stitches! Well done Jean... it's fabulous!!
For more information on the Singer Centre in Whitley Bay and their Patchwork and Quilting workshops, check out their website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments...